Chassis 57523 was completed in April of 1937 and delivered to Alphonse Gandon from Paris, France. The factory built Atalante was originally finished in a monochrome black with black interior. Monsieur Gandon used the car throughout the War and eventually sold it in 1952. The subsequent owner replaced the damaged engine with a supercharged straight eight, upgrading the car to full Type 57 SC specifications. Since then it has been owned by noted collectors and for some time in the 1980s was part of the Blackhawk Collection. The current owner acquired the car in 2007 and had it fully restored. Painted in a spectacular light blue and creme colour scheme, he entered the Atalante Coupe in the 2009 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance where Bugatti's 100th anniversary was celebrated. Chassis 57523 was deservedly awarded with the 'Best in Class' award in the ' Bugatti Type 57 Special Coachwork' class. Since then, the car was re-painted in its original colour combination and sold by Gooding & Co. at their 2013 Pebble Beach auction. The new, Greek owner, showed the car at Villa d'Este in 2016.